Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pressing and Depressing

Yesterday, I had to stand in a street-long line of hundreds just to get inside PRC Manila to process my license and registration. And to think, I got there at 7am, thinking that I was early already. I don't like transactions with PRC. Oooh, I remember applying for the examinations at PRC Davao, the processing of which took almost 8 hours.... of waiting. The employees were slow and ill-tempered.

Back to yesterday. You have probably seen on tv how the heavy rains and wind even led to cancellation of classes. I experienced the fury of Mother nature. But I'm now in the safe confines of my aunt's place in Cavite - with free food, tv and internet access.

So there, the hundreds of us had to wait while soaking a bit (just a bit because we were under the shed). But unlike PRC Davao, the Manila branch was more efficient. I was done after 2 1/2 hours.

While on my way to Cavite, I got soaked more. If I were in the province, I would have enjoyed the rain. But heck, this is Manila. Toxic. Dirty. Gross. You walk in the streets with feet wet and dirty.... thinking about the bad elements which could have melted or is floating in the flooded streets.

Later I saw in the news that the Congress passed some kind of a bill about the Con-Ass (I don't know the details). But the point is, while they are pursuing their political interests, they forgot what their real purpose is. What's the use being called representatives and being voted, when they don't represent the people they are supposed to be serving.

I've just finished the most stressful exams of my life. And one thing I learned is: Go back to Basics. So to our Honorable(?) Representatives: GO BACK TO BASICS! Provide us with the services we need. Know our problems and be with us in solving them. Go out of your mansions, furnished offices and luxury cars and sincerely look at us. You can start with improving the drainage system. Is it so hard? You people have the thick face to spend billions on your projects when a small portion of such is enough to relieve us of our burdens.

I'm not yet furious. #

2 comments:

  1. Haha. You'll surely not forget it. At ang galing ng konek sa Con-Ass.

    Congrats nga pala...

    ReplyDelete