Thursday, June 11, 2009

English Problem

I've always hated English as a subject. I hate verbs, adjectives, nouns, pronouns, subject-verb agreement and all other agreements. . . To me, they all don't seem to agree. That's why I studied Accounting. Math is my favorite. There is a (rebuttable) assumption that when you're good in Math, you're poor in English. Well, I can relate.

I've always felt secure because I only needed six units of English during college. They were very basic. And I was happy to get over them. And now, after five years of Accounting, lots of tests of character and a board exam - I have finally become a CPA. And guess what's next?!!! Lengthy English exams to land a job! What a nightmare.

My greatest (and only) regret is all about English. Why did I not look up in the dictionary all those complicated words I've seen in the hundreds of novels and textbooks I've read. Why was I an unwilling student when my English teacher mom tried to feed me with all the lessons I needed. I had the opportunity to eat and breathe English.... But I didn't. I guess I now have to depend on my mouth should my pen fail me. #

No comments:

Post a Comment